Importance of Washing Hands
The habit of washing hands can prevent the transfer of germs. This habit is significant and plays a vital role because hands and germs on them are the simplest and quickest way in which diseases can spread.
How Unwashed Hands Can Spread Diseases?
Everything we do is basically done by our hands. Hands can therefore easily be affected by germs. These germs are then transferred from our hands to mouth while eating or drinking. The transfer of germs ultimately results in the spreading of diseases.
These diseases and infections include Airborne Illness, Diarrhea, Hepatitis A, Nosocomial Infections, etc.
A Local physician at your nearest urgent care clinic can make you aware of more information regarding hand hygiene.
How Are Germs Transferred?
Washing of hands can prevent the transfer of germs. This prevention also decreases the transfer of diseases as germs are the actual cause of diseases.
This prevention is due to a number of reasons:
- Touching of sensitive parts, such as eyes, mouth, ears, the nose can make people sick as germs from hands can be easily transferred to the body through these parts.
- Germs can be transferred while eating or drinking by getting into the food via unwashed hands.
- While shaking hands, germs can be transferred easily from one person to another.
- Germs can make their way when unwashed hands get into contact with other objects such as toys, dishes, tables, etc.
The above-mentioned ways are by which germs spread, ultimately resulting in the spreading of different diseases.
What Are the Advantages of Washing Hands?
Washing hands can benefit you in a number of following ways:
- It properly can eliminate the risk of being infected by severe diseases.
- It can restrict the transfer of germs.
- Proper washing of hands can make the environment healthy.
- There is a positive effect on the growth of children if they wash their hands properly.
- This habit can make your life healthier.
- It can help battle the rise in antibiotic resistance.
- The decrease in the risk of a failing immune system.
- Washing your hands can improve your resistance power against infections.
- 80% of diseases are spread if hands are not washed
How Does Washing Hand Cause Reduction in Diseases?
Scientists have proved that washing of hands can decrease the risk of being infected by diseases by a huge percentage:
- Reduction in a number of people according to studies who are infected by diarrhea is 23-40%.
- Respiratory illnesses in people have been recorded, being reduced by 16-21%.
- Gastrointestinal illnesses in children can be reduced by 29-57%.
- Diseases because of the weak immune system in people is seen being reduced by 58%.
- It can reduce the rate of antibiotics consumed by people by 28-30%.
According to studies only 62% women and 37% of men are washing their hands 10 times a day. 41% of men and 17% of women are recorded in studies, washing their hands 6 times or less in a day.
The above-mentioned facts and figures prove the importance of washing hands properly.
Doing this can increase your hygiene and health and can also decrease the risk of transfer of germs, infections, and diseases.
Visit your local physician at the nearest urgent care clinic to have more knowledge about this matter.